Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fuck the Police! Those Pigs Are Full of Fail!

It seems like every other day, thanks to the miracle of camera phones, video cameras, etc. I get to witness the horror of police brutality all across America. It is really a wonder of the modern era that we are fortunate enough to catch these fucks on film as they brutalize the population. It does make me wonder, how many of these incidents go unfilmed? Given the amount that I manage to see on a weekly basis, what percentage of incidents are the ones I've viewed.

In case you only watch CNN or FoxNews or some other blather, you are probably not familiar with the Bart shooting that happened on New Years Eve. Police illegally detained and searched a few "suspects" on the Bart in Oakland on a report of a jewelry robbery. One unlucky individual who was compliant was forced to the ground by two police officers, while a third shot him in the head. Shot him in the fucking back of the head!

Now, is it any wonder that Oakland is rioting? Should this surprise any of us? I mean, news agencies are trying to spin it like "OMG, look at all these unfortunates that get screwed in a riot!". Sure, it is unfortunate that some people suffer property damage. But can you really blame the citizenry of Oakland. Especially when this incident was recorded by multiple cameras? And this fucking pig is still out of jail and living free?

We'll see if this fucker ends up serving any prison time. Frequently, these fucking rapist/murderer/thug cops serve little to no time. These fucking pigs, even when prosecuted (which happens all too unfrequently), waive their right to jury trials and end up with judges that are members of the fuckin' fraternal order of police. These fuckin' judges let these fucks off with fuckin' slaps on the wrist. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Not only should these fuckin' pigs be punished, they should be punished more severely than an average citizen that commits the same crime. Why? Becuase these fuckin' pigs act with the authority of the state behind them. The state needs to deter these fucks from abusing the authority vested in its officers. Unfortunately, this rarely happens.

I bet a few of you that read my blog right now are doubting that police brutality incidents are all that frequent. A part of me wants to start posting videos that I have seen of cops beating, tasering, raping, and murdering innocent citizens. I am not lying when I say that in the past few months, I've seen over a dozen of these incidents that have failed to make news. Isn't that ridiculous? What's more ridiculous is that these fucks still work as police officers. Give me a fuckin' break.

Now that I'm a little through my outrage. . . I think other questions needs to be asked. Do you think that our governmental policies of sponsoring torture and illegal detainment have been trickling down to the local levels with police? Are police merely reacting to a shifting moral stance on the value we place as a society on human life and dignity? Are the police more apt to visit brutality on others with the relaxing of protections against brutality by government agency? I mean, to my mind the acceptance of torture and illegal detainment as just when applied to a segment of the population must on some level affect societal norms. Is this then what we as a society have to look forward to- a rising tide of police brutality? What do you think?

3 comments:

The Filthy Logician said...

Do you know why the guy shot the dude in Oakland? I saw the video and read about it, but it doesn't seem to make sense. He just pulled out his gun and shot him. Usually the cops are trying to force people to cease resisting (or at least the pretense of) and that's when bullets and lasers start going off. But this guy was detained and on the ground, face first, and just got shot. That's ridiculous. And no arrests. Beautiful.

I Really Heart Tinfoil Hats! said...

I know. It's disgusting. As to why. . . because he felt like it? I don't know. . . maybe the sea was in his mouth and he heard no sound he was alive?
Sorry. . . maybe Camus can't help here.

The Filthy Logician said...

haha well, existentialism helps condemn the shooter, but that's about it.