Monday, December 1, 2008

Christians Are Not Necessarily Full Of Epic Fail

I was just surfing aimlessly this morning before I go into work and I came upon this. I found it a pleasant reminder of just why I do not lament my Christian/Quaker upbringing. In fact, if I didn't have a little problem (probably a much larger one to be honest) with the idea of faith, I certainly would not have a problem remaining a member of the Quaker Society of Friends. I find that I agree with them on just about every issue. Perhaps that's due to my upbringing. But I am a pacifist. I support gay rights. I support racial equality. Just just keep this in mind when you feel like bashing Christians. Not all of them are full of epic fail. (Jeffrey, I'm looking at you.)

1 comment:

The Filthy Logician said...

Certainly, not all Christians are morons and a lot of them do a lot of good. And that goes for other religions, faiths, and belief systems as well.

But I do have a problem with the irrationality of believing things that seem so totally Epic Fail. Maybe this is similar to your reservations about faith (which we probably share).

Christian churches tend to help the poor, the downtrodden, the meek, but they also tend to institutionalize irrational thought and behavior, which seems dangerous (history seems to vindicate this line of reasoning).

There's probably a more compromising, less pejorative stance I could take, but I'll have to find it.