Thursday, October 23, 2008

Constitution Free = Epic Fail

So I'm watching the Democracy Now headlines this morning and I'll link the one in particular that I found horrifying here.

First, let me say that the fuckin' right in this country no longer gets to be the party of "freedom" and "liberty". They like to trot these ideals out every so often, much like they trot out "democracy". You may be curious then at what the right in this country is about.

To this end, I've decided to compile a list of things that the right is not about. Feel free to make any suggestions if you think I've missed anything. This will be a good place to start later when I work on a list of what the right is about.

Human Rights, Liberty, Freedom, Democracy, Intelligence, Helping the Poor, Equality, Habeas Corpus, Fair Business Practices, Separation of Church and State, Freedom of the Press, Free Speech, Educating the Populace, Right to Assembly (pretty much the whole of the first Amemndment), Honesty, Justice. . .

I'm running out of time as I have to go to class. Like I said, feel free to add to this list.

No comments: